torsdag 7. april 2011

This is Why I Run

The run today felt like a fast one. I know, I know, I'm not really fast at all. It didn't feel effortless, but it felt easier than it normally do. The only "problem" was the choice to bring Maxim Electrolyte Energy Drink on the run. At best, it felt like breathing through jello after each sip. At worst, I choked and had to struggle to breathe. All this because I have a slight cold, and my airways gets filled up with mucus (Too much information? Probably..), and obviously mucus and Maxim don't go well together.

Week 6 - Thursday

4.04 km - 24:11 min

Yesterday I was frustrated with my Polar, but a quick Google search later, I was back to looooving it. I thought I had to manually punch the laptime button, but all I had to do was set it to auto. Duuh. Feeling stupid? ......yeah.

Km 1: 06:23 min
Km 2: 05:54 min
Km 3: 06:00 min
Km 4: 05:39 min (this was up a long "steep" hill. Man, I felt it. But I was almost home, so "no qutting, keep on running".)

I ran along the faboulous Frognerstranda, and the slow pace at km 3 was because of the headwind. At least I like to think so.



The Dog and I, all ready to go. I borrowed/stole the Boyfriends sunglasses, although I look like an überdork in them. Oh well, I have to live with it until I a)get a sponsor or b) can afford to buy my own not so dorky-looking.




Post-run; trying icing my legs for the first time. It's hurting in a really good way. I don't have a foam roller, but I massaged my shins with a tennis ball (the Dog did NOT like that - all tennis balls are his tennis balls.), and it felt really good.


Post-run fueling. White wine and water. And then, homemade italian pizza and red wine. And post-blogging? More red wine and some chocolate. Yummm....

2 kommentarer:

  1. Tips tips:
    Du burde kjope saanne gjenbruksbare isposer. Lonner seg virkelig i lengden, og de er mer behagelige.

    SvarSlett
  2. Bra tips! Men vet du hvor jeg får tak i det i Norge? :)

    SvarSlett