onsdag 6. april 2011

Some Days, Running is FUN

What's my excuses for being such a lousy runner? ...Eeerhm. Working? Saving the world Superman style? General lazyness?

Week 5 -Friday


I squeezed in a run before the nightshift. I had planned to run 5 km, but after 2 km I realised that I was running out of time (pun intended, I'm sorry), so I sped up a little and finished after only 3. I stretched, and then barely had time to shower. Note to self: plan better next time. At least I ran. That's something, isn't it?


3.24 km - 31:34 min.


Max speed: 12.9 km/h


Avg. speed: 9.0 km/ h


Km splits: 7.33 - 6.06 -5.57 -1.57 (0.24 km)


I always start slow to warm up and it affects the time, but I won't bother with warming up and then start running "seriously", I'm waaay too lazy.


This week I worked Monday and Tuesday, and both days I practically ached to go running, but I had no time after work. Today, however, I am working the afternoon shift, so I had "plenty" of time to run before work. I brought the Dog, and he is showing some improvement, running-wise.


Week 6 - Wednesday


I used Google Maps to find a suitable route with the right distance. I slept in today, so I wanted to make sure I had time to cool down and shower before work (so gross not to shower, I know, but sometimes I just forget. Or, it used to happen when I lived alone. Totally gross, I know. I guess it's one of the single-syndromes...).


It turned out to be a magnificent run. I loved it, absolutely no hating at any point, which is unusual. My shin splints ached the first 500 meters, and then my legs felt great until I had about 600 meters left. Then the right shin decided to let me know that there's still problems down there, but it was only momentary. It was sunny, I had fun, and I "only" had to blow my nose 5 times. I wanted the run to last longer;I actually wanted to run longer.

More runs like this, please?!?


4.42 km - 27:48 min


Max speed: 13 km/h

Avg. speed: 9.5 km/h


I definitely felt like I ran faster than I did Friday, although the average speed is almost the same.


Five minutes ago, I thought how much I've started to love my Polar. "It even finds the km splits, which is SO fun" and bladibla,bladibla. It seems I was wrong. I have to manually punch the "lap" button at every kilometer, I think. That is like a slap in the face. I guess I have to buy a Garmin after all...
My not so much beloved Polar RS200. I have to find out if it can automatically save laptimes for me, but I threw away the user manual a looong time ago. Stupid me.

Btw, I want to become like http://www.skinnyrunner.com/. Not having to work, only run. And live in SoCal.


Edit: I totally forgot that in addition to the 4 km I ran today, I discovered that my round at work is another 4 km. Like, seriously? 4 km? That means I walk more than 8 km at each of my weekend nightshifts... That's radical...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar