onsdag 30. mars 2011

Being Normal

It's weird being normal. Having to work 8 to 4 or 9 to 5. I'm not used to it, but suddenly I'm spending my days in a small office without windows, my tools being a computer and a printer. I'm not a morning person. I'm an evening person. Having to get up at 6 or 7 (am?? pm?? EARLY in the MORNING...) rubs me the wrong way. Still, it's kind of nice, because I get SO much more done each day. Like running. Week 5 - Wednesday I got home from work, ate dinner, chilled out a couple of hours; and then I ran. I grabbed the (stupid) Dog, and we ran the same route as last week. It felt much better this time, but I still wasted much time waiting for the Dog to pee and poop and all that jazz. I tried pausing the Polar, but either I forgot to pause it, or I forgot to start it again. The route is approximately 6.2 km. I ran with the footpod, but that one is seriously funky. My stride is shorter than it thinks. Oh well. What the Polar say about yesterday is: 4.96 km - Average pace. 7.6 min/km (sloooow, I know). Max pace:10.7 min/km (I wish my average pace was 10.7....) Yesterday's conclusion: My shin splints definitely don't like asphalt. And the Dog is still stupid. The Dog, wondering if stopping means he can pee onthe lamppost. It doesn't. I also wanted to run today, because my day at work was super frustrating. But I felt sorry for the Dog, having been home alone all day (Boyfriend also working overtime today), so we ended up going for a long walk on Bygdøy. That turned out to be a smart decision, as it was icy and slippery and rrrrreally muddy. We found a bust of king Karl Johan. He was guarded by the the saddest-looking lion I have ever seen. He looked even sadder than Aslan did when he went to be killed on the stone table by the White Which. I tried to comfort it, but it was like talking to a...stone. I then talked to the Dog, but all he wanted was for me to throw his stick. So we walked on. The Dog has to wear a noseband, because he pulls too much. Stupid Dog. This is what normally happens when we stop while walking; he tries to take it off:
Somtimes it works. Sometimes.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar