torsdag 10. mars 2011

Let's Go Autobots!

This week I jumped ship again. I'm sorry, Hal Higdon, but it was too much too fast. I need to take it slower because of my shin splits, and because of my lack of motivation. I will use Hal as a starting point, but take it easier, run shorter and not so often. Running Tuesday, Wednesday AND Thursday will probably kill me (I'm not melodramatic at all... No, really...), so I will either run Monday, Wednesday, Thursday/Friday and Saturday/Sunday, depending on night shift or not. This means that if I run Thursday, I can also run Saturday etc. And with my recent work schedule I can take a "long" run Wednesday, and then rest Thursday.

Week 2 - Tuesday

I rested Monday, so Tuesday came bright and shiny, and I was ready for yet another 5 km. Or so I thought. I really don't know what happened, but I started at a sloooow pace, then decided after 2 km that I would only run 3 km (my body felt so very heavy, and I was really lazy), so I sped up a bit. I wish I'd recorded laps, bit I didn't.

3 km - 20.49 min


Wednesday, I decided to rest again. I baked an apple cake, then ate half of it. Yummy yummy in my tummy...

Week 2 - Thursday

Thursday I was quite a bit more motivated. I started slow, then after 1 km I sped up, to see how long I could keep a 10 km/h-pace. It turned out that I could hold that pretty long, and here I've been, shuffling my feet at 8 km/h because I thought it was the fastest I could go! So I ran 3 km at 10, then turned it up to 11 km/h for the last km. It went well, thanks to the Transformer score. My shin split on the right leg kept bothering me the entire run, though. Uh-oh.

5 km - 30.44.min - New personal record, woot! (...)

And today I took some lap times.
Lap 1 - first 2 km - 13.27
Lap 2 - next 2 km - 12.02
Lap 3 - last km - 5.13

Fun! I should do this more, but when I'm on the treadmill, my head seems to be elsewhere. Speaking of which, here is my old friend:


And here is me, looking VERY motivated (note: I hate taking pictures of myself in the mirror.)

Aaand after (listening to my autobots):




Then I went to make sushi with my girlfriends. Lovely evening.

I don't think there will be much running this weekend. Friday I work a night shift, Saturday I'm hosting a birthday party for a friend, Sunday I'm probably hung-over. Monday I'm going to Gran Canaria. Can't wait!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar