torsdag 3. mars 2011

No Pain, No Gain?

Week 1 - Thursday

Yesterday was not so much fun, and today was not better. Still, after 1.5 km I noticed that my legs felt a little lighter (the first mile or so my legs felt heavy and I just wanted to quit), and I sped up. Not so smart. When I had run 2.8 km I realised that all I wanted was to end the run at 3 km, like I used to do before. Oh, the temptation. I came up with excuses, such as "I did run Tuesday and Wednesday" and "I AM gonna run 10 km on Saturday, so I can go a little easier today". But before I even realised it, I had run past 3 km, and figured I should just continue. You know, to see how far I could go before I REALLY wanted to quit. Suddenly I had just 900 m to go, and then I couldn't quit. It's as easy as that. But it makes it obvious that Saturday, with my first ever 10 km, won't be much fun. It will, however, be much pain. No pain, no gain? Eeeeeh...


5 km - 32.10 min

I'm still painfully slow.
And I will be for some time, I think. I'd rather take it slooow, than to be hasty and get injured.


My faboulous shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 17. I love them, nuff said.

Compression socks for dummies. But it's all good, because I don't know the difference between left and right most of the
time.

Before-picture. I'm sorry it's so bad, but I could hear someone coming, and thought it would be awkward if I stood there, posing like an idiot in front of the mirror. And I was right, I felt so incredibly stupid after the run, when I posed to take the after-picture. There is no real purpose for these pictures, other than to prove that I work my butt off. I am so red and sweaty in the second picture.. Oh well, it's on the internet forever, now.




No running tomorrow, yay! Or maybe I'll miss it? Looong run coming up on Saturday, so I think I'll survive.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar