torsdag 24. mars 2011

A Stupid Dog and Onion Soup

Monday this week we flew back from Gran Canaria. A run-free week with tons of delicious food and wine. Good thing we didn't lie on the beach all week, but rather went scuba diving and horseback riding and dolphin scouting. I collapsed most of the days after dinner, about 9.30 (am/pm-whatever). But alas, no running. When packing for this trip, I fetched my running gear, and put it on top in the suitcase. Then I figured I'd better be honest with myself: I would never run, and it was better to leave everything related to running at home. So I left it, and it ended up being a good idea.An Eagle Ray, photo taken by Martin Rogan. I spotted it, though. Go me! Isn't it cute like a button? I wanted to take it home with me. I got the boyfriend up on a horse, for the first time in his life. It has been ages and ages since the last time I rode, but it 's like riding a bike - you never forget it completely. Me and the terribly grumpy Franscesca. She didn't like the horse in front of her. She didn't like the horse behind her. And she didn't like me. Fun!
Cuttlefish, photo taken by Martin Rogan.
Week 4 (oops, no running week 3) - Thursday I was feeling a little peaky Tuesday and Wednesday, so I didn't feel much like running after work these days. Thursday was my day off before the night shift weekend, so I had no excuse. It was actually my first outdoor run in 2011. There is too much snow and ice still, but today was sunny and warm and beautiful, and the sidewalks were mostly bare. I dressed myself and the dog, and off we went. The route I had planned is approximately 6.2 km, and goes from home to work, where I planned to join Martin and drive home. It. Was. Tough. Ok, it's been over a week since last run. And work; in Nydalen, is uphill from home. Enough excuses. I suck. That's a fact, but a fact I plan to change. This is why I run, why I have this blog. The dog was a good running companion. Last year... Today, he was impossible. My next dog is going to be a bitch, because it's hopeless to run with a male. He stopped every five meters to pee on trees, on bushes, on signs, on everything. Last year, he knew the drill. When we run, we do not stop to pee more than three times. When we walk, I stop whenever he wants to stop. Stoopid dog! I will not bother with finding and writing down the time spent, because I walked some, and the dog stopped me all the time. Bah. It was slow, though. As always. Tonight, the happy family (=us) is making onion soup. Yummy. Here's a picture of me gently stirring the onions: Why yes, that IS a diving mask. Onions make me cry. Diving mask (or ski goggles) erases that problem. And it was A LOT of onions: (This is not a food blog, but I like food, so I will sometimes sneak in pictures of food. I can't help it, I guess.:))

1 kommentar:

  1. No need to wear a diving mask or goggles when cutting or peeling onions...
    just run them underwater and they wont be so hot to make you cry!

    SvarSlett